Top 5 Best jQuery LightBox Plugin
Lightbox is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on top of the current page. It's a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers. It present images in a slick window, while darkening the rest of the page.
Colorbox is lightweight customizable lightbox plugin for jQuery. And it is one of the top jQuery plugins.
- Supports photos, grouping, slideshow, ajax, inline, and iframed content.
- Appearance is controlled through CSS so it can be restyled.
- Can be extended with callbacks & event-hooks without altering the source files.
- Completely unobtrusive, options are set in the JS and require no changes to existing HTML.
- Preloads upcoming images in a photo group.
FancyBox is a tool for displaying images, html content and multi-media in a Mac-style "lightbox" that floats overtop of web page.
- Can display images, HTML elements, SWF movies, Iframes and also Ajax requests
- Customizable through settings and CSS
- Groups related items and adds navigation.
- If the mouse wheel plugin is included in the page then FancyBox will respond to mouse wheel events as well
- Support fancy transitions by using easing plugin
- Adds a nice drop shadow under the zoomed item
prettyPhoto is a jQuery lightbox clone. Not only does it support images, it also support for videos, flash, YouTube, iframes. It’s a full blown media lightbox.
It is very easy to setup, yet very flexible if you want to customize it a bit. Plus the script is compatible in every major browser, even IE6.
It also comes with useful APIs so prettyPhoto can be launched from nearly anywhere (yes, that includes Flash)!
Lightview was built to change the way you overlay content on a website.
- Clean: Designed to compliment your content.
- Fast: Smart image preloading.
- Easy: Customizable without having to know CSS.
- Rounded: Adjustable rounded corners, no PNG images required.
- Smart: Content resizes to always fit on your screen.
- Slideshow: One button slideshow.
- Works on all modern browsers.
Feel free to contact me for any help related to jQuery, I will gladly help you.